Best free Billing & Invoice Software
There are so many issues to consider when you become self-employed or start a business, but invoicing is a major priority. Fortunately, there is now a range of free invoice software platforms available to guide you through the process and help you produce the documents to a professional standard.
Top 5 free invoicing software
With so many available, it's important to get some guidance on which free invoice software packages stand apart from the rest. Here, we have examined five of the best billing software platforms around at the moment and provided details on their free plans and trials.
Businesses which make use of this free invoice software provider can enjoy a range of benefits without any charges or fees, including the ability to personalize invoices with a range of templates and invoice in any currency.
- Free invoicing whenever you need it
- There are no set-up fees for invoicing, but the service can be paired with online payments support and credit card processing which is pay-per-use.
- Templates to personalize invoice design
- Produce invoices in any currency
- Option to accept credit cards
- Estimates can be produced and switched to invoices
- Receipt scanning and accounting software also available for free
This free invoice software platform is open source and claims to be supported by developers across the globe. It also offers a comprehensive array of services for no charge and could prove invaluable as you look to get paid for your work.
- Unlimited invoices and quotes for 100 clients
- Ninja Pro Plan: $8/month with unlimited clients, 10 templates, a custom URL option and many more features
- Enterprise Plan: from $12/month with premium features including the option to create additional users, fully-branded client portal links and much more
- 4 invoice and quotation templates to choose from
- Auto-billing invoices
- Alerts when invoices have been viewed and paid
- Personalize invoices with a company logo
- A host of other features
Businesses that make use of this invoice app not only get access to free invoice software but are also able to take advantage of a host of other features for no charge. These including everything from time and expense tracking to SSL encryption.
- Invoicing for up to five customers which can be operated by a single user
- Basic: $9/month with invoicing for up to 50 customers operated by a single user
- Standard: $19/month with invoicing for up to 500 customers and access for three users
- Professional: $29/month with invoicing for unlimited customers and access for 10 users
- Time tracking
- Expense tracking
- Customizable templates
- Support for several currencies
- Portal for customers
- Many more free features
And.co is thought to support more than 300,000 businesses with their invoicing needs. While it offers a comprehensive paid option with its Pro plan, its free service is a great starting point which includes a host of top features.
- Invoicing with one active client
- Pro: $18/month with unlimited clients, editable contracts, the option to connect six bank accounts and a free training session
- Proposals and contracts
- Invoicing and payments
- Task management support
- Expense tracking
- Time Tracking
- And many more features
Invoice Generator is simple and straightforward invoice software for small businesses. This free invoice software is hugely effective, while you can also try an upgraded version on the Invoiced platform for no charge thanks to a 14-day trial service.
- Create invoice online free
- Invoiced Basic: $100/month for 100 customers, five users and access to features including its A/R Cloud
- Invoiced Advanced: $500/month for 500 customers, ten users and an array of other features
- Invoiced Enterprise: Price on request for unlimited customers and users, as well as a host of other options
- Customizable invoice template
- Invoice in a number of currencies
- Can send online or download as PDF
- Many more features
Businesses are spoilt for choice these days when it comes to invoicing services, but we think these free invoice software packages are among the very best available. However, don’t take our word for it – try the platforms yourself and discover which could be the perfect fit for your organization.